Scenario:
- I have a PHP website running on Apache server
- I have an ERP system (MS SQL) that runs on a different server
- I need to connect from my website to that MS SQL server
I need to work with Microsoft SQL Server in my PHP application. I've managed to get their SQLSRV driver for PHP running on my localhost (WAMP, Apache + PHP 7.2).
I will need to deploy the app to a live website in the future that also runs on Apache server. Will this work? I can see Windows / Windows Server operating systems on their requirements page, but I am not sure whether they mean on the client side (the app that loads the driver) or the server side (where database is stored). On WAMP it works, but I am not sure whether it is because the WAMP itself is running on Windows (even though the server runs on Apache) or not.