I'm trying to integrate CSSTransition to my Gatsby site, but it is not applying any of the classes. I'm utilizing CSS modules, and I've got a <div> that serves as the parent that fades in and out, essentially applying the fade effect to this and covering the content while it changes. It's got the class fadEffect. Here is my app-layout component, and the SASS.
AppLayout.tsx
import React, { ReactNode, useState } from 'react';
import { ApiContext } from 'contexts/ApiContext';
import { graphql, StaticQuery } from 'gatsby';
import { TransitionGroup, CSSTransition } from 'react-transition-group';
import { Devtools } from '../devtools/Devtools';
import { Footer } from '../footer/Footer';
import { Header } from '../header/Header';
import s from './AppLayout.scss';
interface AppLayoutProps {
children: ReactNode;
location: string;
}
const isDev = process.env.NODE_ENV === 'development';
// tslint:disable no-default-export
export default ({ children, location }: AppLayoutProps) => {
const [fadeEffectVisible, setFadeEffectVisible] = useState(false);
const handleFadeEffectEntered = () => {
setTimeout(() => {
setFadeEffectVisible(false);
}, 50);
};
return (
<StaticQuery
query={`${NavQuery}`}
render={(data) => (
<>
<ApiContext>
<Header navigationContent={data.prismic.allNavigations.edges[0].node} />
<CSSTransition
in={fadeEffectVisible}
timeout={150}
classNames={{
enter: s.fadeEffectEnter,
enterActive: s.fadeEffectEnterActive,
enterDone: s.fadeEffectEnterDone,
exit: s.fadeEffectExit,
exitActive: s.fadeEffectExitActive,
}}
onEntered={handleFadeEffectEntered}
>
<div className={s.fadeEffect} aria-hidden="true" />
</CSSTransition>
<TransitionGroup component={null}>
<CSSTransition
key={location}
timeout={150}
classNames={{
enter: s.pageEnter,
}}
>
<div className={s.layout}>
{children}
<Footer navigationItems={data.prismic.allNavigations.edges[0].node} />
{isDev && <Devtools />}
</div>
</CSSTransition>
</TransitionGroup>
</ApiContext>
</>
)}
/>
);
};
const NavQuery = graphql`
query NavQuery {
prismic {
allNavigations {
edges {
node {
...NotificationBar
...NavigationItems
...FooterNavigationItems
}
}
}
}
}
`;
AppLayout.scss
@import '~styles/config';
:global {
@import '~styles/base';
}
.layout {
display: block;
min-height: 100vh;
}
.pageEnter {
display: none;
}
.fadeEffect {
display: none;
position: fixed;
z-index: 9;
top: 0;
left: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background: #fff;
transition: opacity 0.15s linear;
&Enter {
display: block;
opacity: 0;
}
&Active,
&Done,
&Exit {
display: block;
opacity: 1;
}
&ExitActive {
opacity: 0;
}
}
I'm happy to provide more details/code if this isn't enough. I'm newish to React and Gatsby, so I'm still learning the lingo. Thanks in advance.