How big can you go with Cloud Spanner?

Viewed 722

Just curious, since I can't find an answer anywhere (I've checked the documentation, and done reasonable due diligence with Googling third party sources).

Is there a limit to the number of nodes you can have with Cloud Spanner?
(I experimented with trying to deploy a thousand node cluster, and the console UI didn't object, the only thing that was stopping me was the hourly price tag!)

I assume at some point you enter diminishing returns ...

TIA

1 Answers

By default the maximum nodes per project is 15, limited by Quota which can be rised by asking for a Quota Increase

Each node can be up to 2 TB of information so the default maximun size is 30 TB

As of the limit when asking for the quota increase I've seen up to thousands, basically the limit is on the billing amount for you.

Related