If I try one of the following commands:
sudo pip listsudo pip uninstall <something>
I always get this error:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/constant_time.py:26: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Support for your Python version is deprecated. The next version of cryptography will remove support. Please upgrade to a release (2.7.7+) that supports hmac.compare_digest as soon as possible.
utils.PersistentlyDeprecated2018,
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
load_entry_point('pip==20.0.2', 'console_scripts', 'pip')()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main.py", line 73, in main
command = create_command(cmd_name, isolated=("--isolated" in cmd_args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/commands/__init__.py", line 96, in create_command
module = importlib.import_module(module_path)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
__import__(name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/commands/list.py", line 13, in <module>
from pip._internal.cli.req_command import IndexGroupCommand
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 15, in <module>
from pip._internal.index.package_finder import PackageFinder
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/index/package_finder.py", line 21, in <module>
from pip._internal.index.collector import parse_links
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_internal/index/collector.py", line 12, in <module>
from pip._vendor import html5lib, requests
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py", line 97, in <module>
from pip._vendor.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 48, in <module>
from cryptography.hazmat.backends.openssl import backend as openssl_backend
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from cryptography.hazmat.backends.openssl.backend import backend
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py", line 75, in <module>
from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl import binding
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 205, in <module>
_verify_openssl_version(Binding.lib)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 169, in _verify_openssl_version
"You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer "
RuntimeError: You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer supported by the OpenSSL project. You need to upgrade to a newer version of OpenSSL.
The error is pretty clear, I know! What's unclear is:
- Why can't I just list my installed packages? OpenSSL error... with pip list?! What does OpenSSL have to do with the list of installed packages?! I just want to see what's installed on my server
- Why can't I just uninstall a package? Again, what does OpenSSL have to do with it?
- I have a server identical to the server with this problem (Debian 7, same OpenSSL version, same Python version) but on the other server everything works without problems (there isn't even a warning)
Additional info:
- Python version: Python 2.7.3
- OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
- OS: Debian GNU/Linux 7