I built an API for a couchbase database, using express and node.js. My problem is that when I run my tests some of them fail, because the server is not fully running. I found a solution here https://mrvautin.com/ensure-express-app-started-before-tests on how to solve this issue. The article stated that in order to solve this issue, you have to add an event emitter in your server file like this
app.listen(app_port, app_host, function () {
console.log('App has started');
app.emit("appStarted");
});
and then add this, in your test file
before(function (done) {
app.on("appStarted", function(){
done();
});
});
I have tried this, here is my implementation
Server File
app.listen(config['server']['port'], function(){
app.emit("appStarted");
logger.info("Listening")
})
Test File
before(function(done){
app.on("appStarted", function(){
done();
})
});
I keep on getting the following error
1) "before all" hook in "{root}":
Error: Timeout of 2000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure "done()" is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves.
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)
The article is from 2016, so I was thinking that maybe the syntax has been deprecated. I was wondering if someone could please help point me in the right direction?