Android Studio will not generate a signed aab

Viewed 777

In Android studio, I selected build-> Generate Signed Bundle/APK and successfully created an aab file. When I tried to upload to play store, it told me my target api version was set to 28 and has to be a minimum of 29. So I changed it to target 29 in build.gradle by replacing targetSdkVersion = 28 with targetSdkVersion = 29. Then I deleted the generated aab file, jks file, and private_key.pepk files, and I tried running Generate Signed Bundle/APKagain, except nothing happens. No error message is produced. I press finish and nothing happens. I've tried changing back the build.gradle settings, but not I am unable to generate signed bundles and APKs. How do I fix this?

1 Answers

Went through same problem, just check

  1. If using previously created KeyStore and Key: Check whether you are entering the correct password for both Keystore and Key that you generated earlier.

  2. If the issue still persists, create a new KeyStore and key for the package.

Related