I recently installed Python 3.8 onto my computer. I now have Python 3.7 and 3.8. I would like to delete 3.7 but I don't want to mess anything up.
When I type 'python --version' in the Anaconda Prompt,
Python 3.7.9
I fear that if I uninstall 3.7, all the libraries in Anaconda will not work. How do I uninstall 3.7 and make sure that Anaconda "links up" with 3.8?
UPDATE: I've since figured this out... I originally tried to install with 'conda update python' ... this does not achieve the update. I then downloaded 3.8 from Python's website. This seemed to mess up things. I then uninstalled all of Anaconda and then reinstalled it. By re-installing, Python 3.8 was installed and is working. For future updates, I am still not sure what the best way to update from 3.x to 3.y is as suggestions on other message boards did not seem to work.