I am trying to install Netbeans 8.2 under Big Sur. All my attempts failed, each time I get "No JDK found". I have already JDK 1.8. Thanks for any idea!
I am trying to install Netbeans 8.2 under Big Sur. All my attempts failed, each time I get "No JDK found". I have already JDK 1.8. Thanks for any idea!
MacOS Big Sur - Apache Netbeans 12 Missing Java Home Solution
Open Terminal
vi as sudo to the netbeans.conf file
sudo vi /Applications/NetBeans/Apache\ NetBeans\ 12.1.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf
Locate the netbeans_jdkhome parameter
Uncomment the Line and make sure its equal to the $JAVA_HOME path e.g
netbeans_jdkhome="/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_271.jdk/Contents/Home"
Quit Netbeans and restart it, it works like Magic Happy Coding enter image description here
As I can read around it is possible to run without any issues only with latest java version. You can make Netbeans work by installing Java 15 for example, checking $JAVA_HOME and I hope there are would be a fix shortly as I am also fun of java 8.