I've been trying map my string properties to Postgresql's JSONB using JPA. I did read perfect article by Vlad Mihalcea many times and also seen relative questions and problems with similar stuff. BUT I still have this exception org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "json_property" is of type jsonb but expression is of type character varying every time when I'm trying insert something into my table.
And what even worse is - all these advices in similar questions were useful until I changed my entity class and made him inherits super class. And now situation is like this:
- If
@TypeDefand@Typeon my child class and it works great - But I want use abstraction layer and set annotations, which I noticed above, to my base entity class and after that exception says me 'Hello! It's me again'
My hierarchy is pretty simple and here it is:
Base entity
@TypeDef(name = "jsonb", typeClass = JsonBinaryType.class)
@MappedSuperclass
public abstract class AbstractServiceEntity implements Serializable {
private Integer id;
@Id
@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
@Column(name = "id")
public Integer getId() {
return id;
}
public void setId(Integer id) {
this.id = id;
}
Child entity
@Entity
@Table(schema = "ref", name = "test_json_3")
@NoArgsConstructor
@AllArgsConstructor
@Getter
@Setter
public class TestJson extends AbstractServiceEntity {
@Type(type = "jsonb")
@Column(columnDefinition = "jsonb")
private String jsonProperty;
My table
create table ref.test_json_3
(
id serial primary key,
json_property jsonb
)
UPD I've succesfully inserted record with JPA native query, but I had to unwrap my query into hibernate query. Not sure that it's the most convinient way to manage inserting data into DB. The my question is actual, I still need your help) Example with native query below.
Code snippent with result
@Repository
public class JpaTestRepository {
@PersistenceContext
private EntityManager entityManager;
@Transactional
public void insert(TestJson testJson) {
entityManager.createNativeQuery("INSERT INTO test_json_3 (json_property) VALUES (?)")
.unwrap(Query.class)
.setParameter(1, testJson.getJsonProperty(), JsonBinaryType.INSTANCE)
.executeUpdate();
}