I have only python 3.8.5 installed.
I started diving into Python and Flask for the first time (I'm coming from the javascript side of things). I've already ran into an interesting issue in just my first few lines of code.
I was able to run pipenv install flask flask-sqlalchemy flask-marshmallow marshmallow-sqlalchemy and they all seemed to have installed just fine. They all appear in the pipfile.lock. flask-marshmallow is version 0.13.0.
When I started coding, I was able to import flask and flask_sqlalchemy with no issues. Intellisense even helped me out with them. But from flask-marshmallow import Marshmallow didn't seem to work.
When I ran python app.py I get the following error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "app.py", line 3, in <module>
from flask_marshmallow import Marshmallow
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'flask_marshmallow'
I've tried uninstalling flask-marshmallow and marshmallow and reinstalling. The console always says the installation is successful but I can't seem to import it when all the other packages seem to work fine.
What a great start to a new language xD Here is the whole file so far for reference, if I remove the marshmallow line it starts without any issues
from flask import Flask, request, jsonify
from flask_sqlalchemy import SQLAlchemy
from flask_marshmallow import Marshmallow
import os
app = Flask(__name__)
if __name__ == "__main__":
app.run(debug=True)