Gradlew Printing Control Characters with Git Bash

Viewed 1259

I am using git-bash as Integrated terminal in Intellij Idea Community Edition(2020). The Gradlew Downloaded is 5.2.1

When I run something like gradlew build

It prints some random text like the screenshot attached. enter image description here

Initially I thought it has something to do with gradlew but then I tried building using CMD from Explorer it worked prefectly.

Then I even tried to build it with git-bash from Explorer and it worked. I tried using CMD as Integrated Terminal in IntelliJ and it worked with CMD as well.

I am not able to figure out what is wrong with git-bash and IntelliJ combination Any Help will be appreciated.

EDIT 1: Downgrading Git-bash for windows from 2.28.0 to 2.26.2 worked for me. Removing IntelliJ tag from Question.

I think there has to be some problem with git-bash 2.28.0

2 Answers

Thanks @docslax. This is how I fixed it on Android Studio.

Android Studio Settings

This started happening to me in VSCode and IntelliJ when i recently updated Git, I reverted to an older version of Git and it went away. I did notice they made some updates to the bash shell.

Using TERM=cygwin ./gradlew build resolved the issue in both those environments for me.

Related