I am working with grids. I have the header, banner, content and footer sections. My problem is that I need to adapt the banner height with its own content. I mean, if the text has one line, three or whatever the height of the banner should change accordingly.
The problem that I have currently is that when I have one paragraph with one line it is displayed fine but when I have more than one line the result is that the button is out of the banner container.
My code is as follows:
css
.grid {
display: grid;
grid-template-rows: 56px 80px auto 80px;
grid-template-areas:
"header"
"banner"
"content"
"footer";
grid-gap: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100vh;
}
.grid-header {
grid-area: header;
z-index: 100;
}
.grid-banner {
grid-area: banner;
z-index: 50;
}
.grid-content {
grid-area: content;
display: grid;
height: 200px;
justify-content: center;
}
.grid-footer {
grid-area: footer;
}
html
.grid {
display: grid;
grid-template-rows: 56px 80px auto 80px;
grid-template-areas:
"header"
"banner"
"content"
"footer";
grid-gap: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100vh;
}
.grid-header {
background-color: rgba(255, 255, 0, 0.3);
grid-area: header;
z-index: 100;
}
.grid-banner {
background-color: rgba(0, 255, 0, 0.3);
grid-area: banner;
max-height: 110px;
z-index: 50;
}
.grid-content {
background-color: white;
grid-area: content;
display: grid;
height: 200px;
justify-content: center;
}
.grid-footer {
background-color: rgba(255, 0, 255, 0.3);
grid-area: footer;
}
<div class="grid">
<div class="grid-header">
<div class="header-container">Header</div>
</div>
<div class="grid-banner">Banner</div>
<div class="grid-content">Content</div>
<div class="grid-footer">Footer</div>
Any idea?
