I'm building a react native app that has a 1 month subscription component. I have integrated into the apple API to get the receipts but I have one question I can't seem to figure out in test mode. Probably a newbie question but here we go...
When a user has an auto-renewing subscription and I call the Apple API there is the latest_receipt_info.
- Will I get a new one every month? if so when does it come through?
- So will all I have to do is call the Apple API, grab the latest transaction from latest_receipt_info and look at the "expires_date" field. If we are still before this date then I assume the subscription is still active? Can it be this simple to see if a subscription is active or not?
I've seen talks online about a "cancellation_date_ms" field but I can't seem to find it in sandbox mode, but why would this be needed if I just use the logic I stated above?