I am new to Ruby. I am using Visual Studio Code and was wondering if there is a formatter (like the extension Prettier) for Ruby. I would like to use it to indent properly, etc.
Thank you!
I am new to Ruby. I am using Visual Studio Code and was wondering if there is a formatter (like the extension Prettier) for Ruby. I would like to use it to indent properly, etc.
Thank you!
Prettier does support Ruby with the plugin-ruby [1] installed but the installation is a little bit tricky. You have to install the Prettier-Ruby-Plugin inside the vscode prettier extensions directory:
cd ~/.vscode/extensions/esbenp.prettier-vscode-1.8.1/
npm install @prettier/plugin-ruby
With Visual Code, you can use most feature exension of this. Some extensions i think with rails developer must to install are: Ruby, Ruby onrails, Simple Ruby Erb, ruby-linter.. And i think you need install Gitlens to control your project git version.
And i have some config to indent, theme, fonts.... in my github. Hope it can helpful to you.
https://github.com/Hungnv950/dotfiles/blob/master/visualcode/Setting