How to remove tmux hotkeys from showing in awful.hotkeys_popup.show_help?

Viewed 929

This is an Awesome WM question and not a tmux question. I have the awful.hotkeys_popup in use in my configuration, however, for as long as I've used it it has always shown hotkeys and hotkey groups for tmux (i.e. tmux:session, tmux:panes). The issue is that I have never installed tmux on my system; I don't use it and don't plan to. I've always ignored these entries in the dialog, but I want to finally fix this.

I've read online in the docs that there is a rule for tmux sessions that "If no rules are provided then tmux hotkeys will be shown always!". Is this why tmux shows up all the time?

I'd like to know how to remove the tmux hotkeys from the hotkey_popup widget. Unfortunately, I don't really understand how to do this from reading the docs. If someone could explain to me how to do this I would be very grateful.

2 Answers

I'm not quite sure what the proper way to get rid of that would be, but the improper way would be mkdir -p ~/.config/awesome/awful/hotkeys_popup/keys && touch ~/.config/awesome/awful/hotkeys_popup/keys/tmux.lua. Just replace the awful.hotkeys_popup.keys.tmux module with an empty file that does nothing.

Also, you could add awful.hotkeys_popup.keys.tmux.add_rules_for_terminal({ rule = { name = "no window ever has a name like this }}). That's equally hacky, I guess.

The more proper way to do this is to comment out the following from your rc.lua

-- Enable hotkeys help widget for VIM and other apps
-- when client with a matching name is opened:
require("awful.hotkeys_popup.keys")

Its close to the top of the file

Related