I have a simple popup in my WPF application. There is a button with access-key inside this popup.
The problem I have is that this button doesn't respond to Alt+access-key combination. Moreover pressing Alt doesn't make access key visible like it happens in ordinary window.
Is there any way to make controls inside popup respond to Alt+access-key combination?
P.S. I have no problem with navigation using Tab through this popup.
Sapmle code that I'm using
<Grid>
<Button Click="ButtonBase_OnClick" Content="_Open File"></Button>
<Popup x:Name="Popup" StaysOpen="False">
<Grid Background="White">
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition />
<RowDefinition />
<RowDefinition />
</Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Button Content="_Open File"/>
<Button Grid.Row="1" Content="O_pen File"/>
<CheckBox Grid.Row="2" Content="_Go"></CheckBox>
</Grid>
</Popup>
</Grid>
private void ButtonBase_OnClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
Popup.IsOpen = true;
}
I have also tried adding this as the first answer suggests
private void Popup_OnOpened(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var popup = sender as Popup;
popup.Child.Focusable = true;
Keyboard.Focus(popup.Child);
}
I have also tried the idea from the first comment
private void Popup_OnOpened(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var popup = sender as Popup;
FocusManager.SetIsFocusScope(popup, true);
}
or instead of standart focus scope the one from suggested link codeproject.com/Articles/38507/Using-the-WPF-FocusScope
EnhancedFocusScope.SetFocusOnActiveElementInScope(popup);
Setting focus scope helped a little bit, but I didn't manage to make it work exactly as I would like. Setting focus scope to true did help to use alt+key combination for checkboxes and label+textbox, but not for buttons. Although I could use Alt+access key combinations, I couldn't actually see them, because underscores didn't appear when I pressed Alt