Windows Services C# doesn't call method on stop when kill from task manager

Viewed 259

I am developing a Windows Services project using visual studio 2019. I created my service and everything is ok, it is running, calling my tasks from time to time!

But when I end the process through the task manager, my service stops without calling the onStop () method.

If I go to the task manager -> services and stop my service there, it calls onStop () normally and does what it has to do..

I'm trying to develop a kind of "anti hacker" for an online game server. If I can finish my service this way without causing it to fall into the onStop () method, my anti hacker will not work!

Anyone can help me?

my method onStop:

  protected override void OnStop()
        {
            try
            {
                ProcessStartInfo processStartInfo = new ProcessStartInfo("taskkill", "/F /T /IM androidapp")
                {
                    WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden,
                    CreateNoWindow = true,
                    UseShellExecute = false,
                    WorkingDirectory = System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory,
                    RedirectStandardOutput = true,
                    RedirectStandardError = true
                };
                Process.Start(processStartInfo);
            }
            catch { }   
        }
0 Answers
Related