On Windows 2016 and following official documents, I've successfully compiled source code of Python-3.6.12. When trying to build distribution, I got the following error complaining about compiler_flags.
Also notice that this is from compiling source code, and command python actually calls python.bat in the main directory.
Just let me know if you need more details, and any help or pointers will be highly appreciated.
Screenshot:
(python version and exception traceback, from CMD)
D:\Python\Python36>python -V
Running Release|x64 interpreter...
Python 3.6.12
D:\Python\Python36>python setup.py bdist
Running Release|x64 interpreter...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 29, in <module>
set_compiler_flags('CFLAGS', 'PY_CFLAGS_NODIST')
File "setup.py", line 27, in set_compiler_flags
sysconfig.get_config_vars()[compiler_flags] = flags + ' ' + py_flags_nodist
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
D:\Python\Python36>
A little more information:
I've now installed pip, setuptools, wheel, and added to Path the directories of "D:\Python\Python36" and "D:\Python\Python36". But the error on bdist stays the same. I'm new to Python source code release, so thank you for your help and patience.
Screenshots:
D:\Python\Python36>python -m pip install --upgrade setuptools wheel
Running Release|x64 interpreter...
Requirement already up-to-date: setuptools in d:\python\python36\lib\site-packages (50.1.0)
Requirement already up-to-date: wheel in d:\python\python36\lib\site-packages (0.35.1)
...
D:\Python\Python36>python setup.py bdist
Running Release|x64 interpreter...
Traceback (most recent call last):
... the same error as before ...