I would like to close the current tkinter window, and open a new tkinter window when the user inputs text into an entry widget. That might sound confusing so let me explain.
First tkinter window:
When the user inputs text into the Entry widget, I would like this current window to close and the second window to open with the text the user entered displayed in a label widget.
Second window:
Here is my current code:
from tkinter import *
user_input = ''
class Startup_window:
def __init__(self, master):
self.master = master
master.title('Window 1')
def get_input(event):
global user_input
# Gets the user input from the Entry widget
user_input = self.input.get()
# Clears Entry widget
self.input.delete(0, END)
master.destroy()
self.label = Label(master, text='Input:')
self.label.grid(row=0, column=0)
self.input = Entry(master)
self.input.grid(row=0, column=1)
self.input.focus()
self.input.bind("<Return>", get_input)
class Main_window:
def __init__(self, master):
self.master = master
master.title('Window 2')
self.label = Label(master, text="You've entered (user_input)" + user_input)
self.label.pack()
root = Tk()
startup_window = Startup_window(root)
if user_input != '':
main_window = Main_window(root)
mainloop()
I am new to tkinter and object oriented programming so any help would be greatly appreciated!

