Initial position:
Currently I'm at a customer's site who has completely locked up his system (VM), and through a proxy blocks nearly everything, including the connections to download the extensions of Eclipse.
In the Eclipse marketplace you can find the download links, but they are of no use to me. Since the proxy locks everything out.
If you use the download link, you will get to this page, which ONLY refers to the integration in Eclipse via the web. This is currently not possible for me!
A reference to the M2E version only leads to the page mentioned above.
The customer only allows Eclipse no other programs.
It is unbelievable ^^
Is there a way to install offline extensions in Eclipse like Visual Studio code?
What I need is a Maven/Java based version, including Jenkins integration.
I currently used a portable version of Eclipse from the points already described. Yes, the download of complete versions is possible and not blocked, just the integration of plugins and extensions.

