I want to read the XML of a PPTX file in python and basically save the string / data structure into a variable.
I couldn't find a package that let's me do this with Python yet.
I want to read the XML of a PPTX file in python and basically save the string / data structure into a variable.
I couldn't find a package that let's me do this with Python yet.
If I'm understanding correctly, you can just use the builtin zipfile module.
import zipfile
archive = zipfile.ZipFile('<My Powerpoint Name>.pptx', 'r')
xml_file = archive.open('[Content_Types].xml')
text = xml_file.read()
print(text)
This will print out the xml text from the [Content_Types].xml directly inside the archive.
If you want to parse the XML you can use the builtin xml module.
import zipfile
import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
archive = zipfile.ZipFile('<My Powerpoint Name>.pptx', 'r')
xml_file = archive.open('[Content_Types].xml')
text = xml_file.read()
root = ET.fromstring(text)
value_to_find = r'application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.relationships+xml'
for child in root:
if child.attrib['ContentType'] == value_to_find:
print(child.attrib)