Post previews stopped working on Linkedin

Viewed 1970

I contacted Linkedin for support on this and they suggested posting here.

I have a website where the Marketing manager would post news items to Linkedin. They used to get a preview of the post before they posted the link. We have noticed that we are unable to get the previews any more.

On the link inspector I get the following message:

Error We encountered an SSL connection error while trying to access the URL. Please check that the site is using a prime size that is compatible with Java 8, or contact Support with the content's URL.

https://www.linkedin.com/post-inspector/inspect/https:%2F%2Fwww.surelockmcgill.com%2Fnews%2F399-introducing-the-new-gate-locking-range%3Ftest

When looking at posting the link we get the following error:

Cannot display preview. You can post as is, or try another link.

I don't seem to be able to find any helpful information so any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards Mark

2 Answers

I was running into the same problem. I'm also using Cloudflare with the security settings set to most everything. I tried turning the TLS version back to 1.2 and LinkedIn started working. Technically, they say they support 1.3, but it works now.

If anyone has the same issue the answer was to re-issue our SSL certificate. There was no initial sign that there was an issue as the website continued to show as secure but there was.

Related