I have 3 services that I need to deploy: an API on port 80, a dashboard on port 3333 and a webpage on port 3000.
I'm using ECS and created a cluster. For my API I created a task definition and a service pointing to a load balancer. Everything works fine.
Now I need to deploy also the dashboard and web page: do I need to create a load balancer for each service?
I saw that by creating a task definition for my dashboard everything was working fine, but I couldn't create a custom address (dashboard.example.com) for that service since in Route 53 I'm able to link a URL only to the load balancer.
So now I've created a new load balancer only for the dashboard service and everything is working fine (well I have some problem with the ports, but still it seems to work fine).
So my question is: is it correct what I'm doing? It is normal to have a load balancer for each service or it is too much? Or should I stick with one load balancer for the entire cluster and find a different way to assign addresses to my services?