I have read previous answers to this question and tried both methods suggested and it does not work for me.
How can I "update" my report in PowerBI Desktop after adding a step to a query WITHOUT it automatically repeating EVERY STEP in the query including getting the source data again?
Here is what happens:
My data source is a web api (example: https://interactleadforensics.com/ ... )
I transform my data and create a report. Everything is great.
I must make a small change to my query - for example, I replace a value in one column.
I hit "APPLY" so that my report can be updated with this one small change I made.
Instead of just applying the last step I made - the WHOLE thing is refreshed and my data set is RE-IMPORTED from fresh data.
I literally just want my report to use the OLD data and just add that one step I added in the query.
WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
1. Right click on the Query and deselect "Include in Report Refresh" [THIS DOES NOT WORK!] 2. Go to my OPTIONS and deselect "Allow table preview to download in the background" [THIS DOES NOT WORK]