AndroidStudio preferences vs shell path variables

Viewed 123

I don't understand the difference between the path variables which you set in Android Studio Preferences which can be seen below and ones set in zshrc/bashrc.

Path Variable Setting

I add this path in but when trying an ADB command, it is not recognized.

Error

However, since i'm using zsh shell, same thing applies for bash. I add/export the PATH variable like i'm sure most people are familiar with.

zshrc

As seen in last line, this is same path that was added to the AndroidStudio preferences, however now as you can see below. ADB is found!

enter image description here

What exactly is the Android Studio -> Preferences -> Appearance&Behavior -> Path Variables?

Since it has KOTLIN_BUNDLED and im able to run kotlinc command in shell, it would make sense one could add ADB here but apparently not.

What is difference between these Path Variables and the Path Variables added to zshrc or bashrc?

PS: mirror is just an alias for an adb command

0 Answers
Related