I have a doubt about Limit on query/scans on DynamoDB.
My table has 1000 records, and the query on all of them return 50 values, but if I put a Limit of 5, that doesn't mean that the query will return the first 5 values, it just say that query for 5 Items on the table (in any order, so they could be very old items or new ones), so it's possible that I got 0 items on the query. How can actually get the latest 5 items of a query? I need to set a Limit of 5 (numbers are examples) because it will to expensive to query/scan for more items than that.
The query has this input
{
TableName: 'transactionsTable',
IndexName: 'transactionsByUserId',
ProjectionExpression: 'origin, receiver, #valid_status, createdAt, totalAmount',
KeyConditionExpression: 'userId = :userId',
ExpressionAttributeValues: {
':userId': 'user-id',
':payment_gateway': 'payment_gateway'
},
ExpressionAttributeNames: {
'#valid_status': 'status'
},
FilterExpression: '#valid_status = :payment_gateway',
Limit: 5
}
The index of my table is like this:
Should I use a second index or something, to sort them with the field createdAt but then, how I'm sure that the query will look into all the items?
