We are trying our first .Net Core 3.0 web app in a Docker container. We are deploying through AWS ElasticBeanstalk to an Amazon Linux 2 AMI. We are able to do any GET requests of the server without an issue. Anything with a body in the Request fails with a 400 Bad Request error. Both PATCH and POST fail. PATCH works if the endpoint does not expect a body. The content we are sending is only 147 bytes, so it should not even be hitting the default client_max_body_size of 1m.
I found that if I remove the Content-Length header in my Postman test the request gets through to the server, but, it seems no Body is included.
I've tested locally running from both VisualStudio and from Docker Desktop and it works. My local OS is Windows 10 though, not, Linux, and I'm not using nginx or IIS locally.
I've tried setting my client_max_body_size to 0 (and 20m) by putting a file named nginxext.conf in ".platform/nginx/conf.d". I'm pretty sure it's being read because I got an error the first time because the file was not UTF-8 encoded.
I know I'm missing something really basic. This just doesn't seem like an off the wall configuration, using .Net Core 3.0 in Docker on Linux for a website that accepts POSTs. ??? Let alone posting something with a body.
Thanks in advance,
Side question: Does anyone know where I can find the "default" nginx configuration used by AWS for their Amazon Linux 2 images?