I am trying to explore react library with next framework. Since I am an angular developer, I like to reuse some of my reactive-form to my new application. I found this library since it has almost the same implementation of reactive-form.
Now, I am using state variable on my parent form; however, whenever I try to update the value from child (which is the reactive form). I cannot accomplish it.
Here's my simple code to replicate this.
import React, { useState } from "react";
import { FieldGroup, FieldControl } from "react-reactive-form";
export default function App() {
const [isRegistered, setIsRegistered] = useState(false);
async function submitForm(e) {
e.preventDefault();
setIsRegistered(state => !state);
console.log(isRegistered);
//await function call .....
}
return (
<div>
<h1>Hello StackBlitz!</h1>
<FieldGroup
control={form}
render={({ get, invalid }) => (
<form onSubmit={submitForm}>
<FieldControl
name="email"
render={TextInput}
meta={{ label: "Email" }}
/>
<button type="submit">Submit</button>
<p>{isRegistered.toString()}</p>
{isRegistered ? <span>Registered Successfully</span> : null}
</form>
)}
/>
</div>
)
}
Just to keep it short, the form and TextInput is just a model and an element.
As you can see., I am updating my state variable on the submitForm function by putting it as an onSubmit function of my form; however, I am able to trigger the submitForm whenever I am trying to submit, but the state variable value doesn't change.
The thing is, when I try to call the submitForm function outside the child (FieldGroup), I am able to update the value.
I created a sample app so you can check as well.