How can I remove elements in the vector alphabets which matches with any of the characters in the string plaintext?
Here's my attempt:
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
#include <string>
#include <algorithm>
int main()
{
//init
std::vector<std::string> alphabets{ "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "k", "l", "m", "n", "o", "p", "q", "r", "s", "t", "u", "v", "w", "x", "y", "z" };
//input
std::string plaintext;
std::cout << "enter plain text: ";
std::cin >> plaintext;
for (std::string::iterator it = plaintext.begin(); it != plaintext.end(); it++)
{
std::vector<std::string>::iterator toErase;
toErase = std::find(alphabets.begin(), alphabets.end(), *it);
if (toErase != alphabets.end())
{
alphabets.erase(toErase);
}
}
}
When I tried to compile it. But I got this error:
17: note: 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>' is not derived from
'const std::istreambuf_iterator<_CharT, _Traits>' { return *__it == _M_value; }
...
203 : 5 : note : candidate : 'template<class _CharT, class _Traits> bool
std::operator==(const std::istreambuf_iterator<_CharT, _Traits>&, const
std::istreambuf_iterator<_CharT, _Traits>&)'
operator==(const istreambuf_iterator<_CharT, _Traits> & __a,
...