(Arch linux) I have been having a lot of problems lately with haskell packages. Normally I would fix them fairly easily by updating some packages, but there is probably a root cause to all of them that I cannot figure out. I currently think the most likely explanation is that I went wrong somewhere in the haskell installation process, as I did not use the “haskell platform” but somewhat haphazardly installed packages from all over the place when I needed them. I just performed a system upgrade, and now when I run startx, this is the result. The shared object file it references near the end, libHSxmonad-contrib-0.16-AAxGT3H9yrS67i4YFgpjoh-ghc8.10.1.so, does not in fact exist, but two libHSxmonad-contrib shared object files that end in ghc8.0.2 (which is my ghc —-version) do exist. Also, most of the packages it says are missing I remember installing (some via cabal, some pacman) at some point or another. If it helps, here is my cabal list —-installed, ghc-pkg check, and pacman -Q|grep haskell.