Failing to install panelr package

Viewed 247

I am failing to read in the panelr package from the library. I used the package utilising its wbm() function on some panel data earlier this year and I have even tried to install it and I get this message: Warning in install.packages : package ‘panelr’ is not available (for R version 3.6.3).

Has the package been removed? Kindly assist on how I can install it or the new version of it.

2 Answers

If we want a specific version, use the versions package

install.packages('versions')

Then use

library(versions)
install.versions('panelr', '0.7.3')

If that version is not available in the MRAN repo, check the available versions with

available.versions('panelr')

If there are no versions available, then it returns an error. In that case, an option is to download the archived tar file from https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/panelr/ and then use install.packages to with source = TRUE

install.packages('path/to/.../...tar.gz', source = TRUE, repos = NULL)

Regarding your other question: Yes, it seems as it has been removed.

Related