Failed to install mongo db in Mac Big Sur

Viewed 2441

I am a newbie in mongo db and trying to install in my Mac Big Sur OS. It is a public beta OS.
While install the Mongo DB, I am getting the below error:

Error: An exception occurred within a child process:
NoMethodError: undefined method 'path' for nil:NilClass
Did you mean paths?

I have the latest Xcode installed. The steps I followed are from Official MongoDB documentation url.

Please help if there is a solution.

1 Answers

My case wasn't with installing MongoDB, but had the same problem when installing Vault using Homebrew.

After running brew doctor, my problem was with outdated Command Line Tools.

I followed the instruction shown in the error message.

However, the first solution didn't updated my command line tools.

$ softwareupdate --all --install --force

So I followed the second solution, and was able to install Vault successfully.

$ sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
$ sudo xcode-select --install
Related