My ELB health check fails all the time but cannot figure it why (502 bad gateway).
I have a cluster (ECS) with a service that runs at least one task (Fargate) which is a Node API listening on port 3000 & 3001 (3000 for http & 3001 for https since I cannot use port below 1024).
I have an Elastic Load Balancer (application) that is listening on port 80. It forwards the trafic on a target group with protocol port 3000.
This target group has as target type: ip address since I use fargate and not EC2 for my tasks. So when a task is turning on, I correctly see the private IP of the task registering into the target group.
My health route is server_ip_address/health and it returns a classic 200 status code. This route works well because I tried it directly from the public ip address of the task (quickly before it stopped because of the health check failing) and it returns a 200. I also tried it through the ELB dns name (so my-elb.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com/health) and it worked well as well so I don't understand why the health check fail.
Anyone know what I missed ?