I am trying to change the default location where Android Studio creates AVDs to be the shared Users folder on a mac (multiple people will be using this machine), This is my /etc/profile:
export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_261.jdk/Contents/Home
export ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/Users/Shared/Android/sdk
export ANDROID_SDK_HOME=/Users/Shared
export ANDROID_EMULATOR_HOME=/Users/Shared/.android
export ANDROID_AVD_HOME=/Users/Shared/.android/avd
export PATH="$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/emulator:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/tools:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/tools/bin:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/platform-tools:$PATH"
However, everytime I go into Android Studio to create a new AVD, it always creates in /Users/kroe761/.android. When I run emulator -help-datadir, I see this:
on this system, the default directory is
/Users/Shared/.android
So something is at least semi-correct. What am I doing wrong? Could it be that the command line is seeing the environment variables but Android Studio is not?
I know I likely have more than needed in /etc/profile, I've tried multiple things.
*edit: I have also tried this, which did not work:
export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_261.jdk/Contents/Home
export ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/Users/Shared/Android/sdk
export ANDROID_SDK_HOME=/Users/Shared
export ANDROID_EMULATOR_HOME=$ANDROID_SDK_HOME/.android
export ANDROID_AVD_HOME=$ANDROID_AVD_HOME/avd
export PATH="$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/emulator:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/tools:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/tools/bin:$ANDROID_SDK_ROOT/platform-tools:$PATH"
I am, however, still getting the same response from emulator -help-datadir with that configuration