I am practising building a Pie Chart in Plotly Express using Python.
So, this is the Pie Chart that I made;

This chart was build from a file with two columns called
genderwith values of[0, 1, 2]count_genderswith values of[total_count_0, total_count_1, total_count_2]
I am planning to add some description to those values; for instance
0 - female1 - male2 - undefined
This is where I am currently stuck.
If I remember correctly if you want to change a label in the legend (at least in Choropleth map), you could manipulate the ticks located in colorscale bar. By manipulating them, you could rename the label about the data. Thus I am wondering if you could do the same in Pie chart?
My current code for this graph:
import pandas as pd
import plotly.express as px
'''
Pandas DataFrame:
'''
users_genders = pd.DataFrame({'gender': {0: 0, 1: 1, 2: 2},
'count_genders': {0: 802420, 1: 246049, 2: 106}})
''' Pie Chart Viz '''
gender_distribution = px.pie(users_genders,
values='count_genders',
names='gender',
color_discrete_map={'0': 'blue',
'1': 'red',
'2': 'green'},
title='Gender Distribution <br>'
'between 2006-02-16 to 2014-02-20',
hole=0.35)
gender_distribution.update_traces(textposition='outside',
textinfo='percent+label',
marker=dict(line=dict(color='#000000',
width=4)),
pull=[0.05, 0, 0.03],
opacity=0.9,
# rotation=180
)
gender_distribution.update_layout(legend=dict({'traceorder': 'normal'}
# ticks='inside',
# tickvals=[0, 1, 2],
# ticktext=["0 - Female",
# "1 - Male",
# "2 - Undefined"],
# dtick=3
),
legend_title_text='User Genders')
gender_distribution.show()
I tried to add the ticks in the update_layout to no avail. It returns an error message about incorrect parameters. Would someone kindly help me fix this issue?
edit 1: In case I wasn't clear, I wanted to know if it's possible to modify the values displayed in the legend without changing the original values within the file. Many thanks for your time for those who are already kind enough to help me fix this issue!
edit 2: Add the imports and other prior details of the code, removing the Dropbox link.


