I have a Shopware 6.3 shop and need to migrate images to it using the integration API.
How should I construct a body for a media upload? Do I need to put a file somewhere or just pass in the link?
I have managed to push new products into Shopware via guide here: https://docs.shopware.com/en/shopware-platform-dev-en/admin-api-guide/writing-entities?category=shopware-platform-dev-en/admin-api-guide#creating-entities but I am not sure how to handle media. In this guide it is only explained how to create links between already uploaded media files to products in here https://docs.shopware.com/en/shopware-platform-dev-en/admin-api-guide/writing-entities?category=shopware-platform-dev-en/admin-api-guide#media-handling but no examples as to how to actually push the media files.
I have URL's for each image I need (in the database, along with produc id's and image positions).
The entity schema describes media as:
"media": {
"name": "media",
"translatable": [
"alt",
"title",
"customFields"
],
"properties": {
"id": {
"type": "string",
"format": "uuid"
},
"userId": {
"type": "string",
"format": "uuid"
},
"mediaFolderId": {
"type": "string",
"format": "uuid"
},
"mimeType": {
"type": "string",
"readOnly": true
},
"fileExtension": {
"type": "string",
"readOnly": true
},
"uploadedAt": {
"type": "string",
"format": "date-time",
"readOnly": true
},
"fileName": {
"type": "string",
"readOnly": true
},
"fileSize": {
"type": "integer",
"format": "int64",
"readOnly": true
},
"metaData": {
"type": "object",
"readOnly": true
},
"mediaType": {
"type": "object",
"readOnly": true
},
"alt": {
"type": "string"
},
"title": {
"type": "string"
},
"url": {
"type": "string"
},
"hasFile": {
"type": "boolean"
},
"private": {
"type": "boolean"
},
"customFields": {
"type": "object"
},
"createdAt": {
"type": "string",
"format": "date-time",
"readOnly": true
},
"updatedAt": {
"type": "string",
"format": "date-time",
"readOnly": true
},
"translated": {
"type": "object"
},
"tags": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "tag"
},
"thumbnails": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "media_thumbnail"
},
"user": {
"type": "object",
"entity": "user"
},
"categories": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "category"
},
"productManufacturers": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "product_manufacturer"
},
"productMedia": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "product_media"
},
"avatarUser": {
"type": "object",
"entity": "user"
},
"mediaFolder": {
"type": "object",
"entity": "media_folder"
},
"propertyGroupOptions": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "property_group_option"
},
"mailTemplateMedia": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "mail_template_media"
},
"documentBaseConfigs": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "document_base_config"
},
"shippingMethods": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "shipping_method"
},
"paymentMethods": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "payment_method"
},
"productConfiguratorSettings": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "product_configurator_setting"
},
"orderLineItems": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "order_line_item"
},
"cmsBlocks": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "cms_block"
},
"cmsSections": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "cms_section"
},
"cmsPages": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "cms_page"
},
"documents": {
"type": "array",
"entity": "document"
}
}
},
but it is not clear what fields are crucial. Do I need to create product-media folder first and then use it's id when making a POST request to media endpoint? Can I just specify the URL and will Shopware download the image itself to a folder or keep pointing to the URL I have used. I need to house the images inside the Shopware.
There is no problem for me to download the images from the URL and push them to Shopware but I am not sure how to use the API for it (there is a lot of images and they need to be done in bulk).