Alternative download sites for Oracle tools

Viewed 4752

I want to download the Oracle Instant Client for Linux x86-64 (64-bit) for some time now.

Now I noticed that the website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last couple of months.

To download anything from Oracle an account is required but the site basically crashes and burns on any attempt to login.

site-oracle-experiencing-difficulties

Are there alternatives ways / sites to get the Oracle tools?

Update: the Oracle site seems to only work on MS Windows! I'm on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and FireFox. This makes the site crash and burn.

Update 2: I tried the Oracle YUM repository suggested by thatjeffsmith but that also is not an option when using RedHat or CentOS. The repo is intended to be used on Oracle Linux. It will create a massive dependency hell.

Update 3: it is possible to download on Linux if you have the url's using wget without account and login

wget --no-check-certificate -c --header "Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie" https://download.oracle.com/otn_software/linux/instantclient/19800/oracle-instantclient19.8-basic-19.8.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm

update 4: contrary to information published on Oracle.com I cannot use 19 client with 12.2 database. So I need the 12.2 versions for example oracle-instantclient12.2-basic-12.2.0.1.0-1.x86_64.rpm and these versions need to be downloaded manually with click-through

2 Answers

If you have the download urls you can download without account and login, on Linux and also automate it using wget for example

wget --no-check-certificate -c --header "Cookie: oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie" https://download.oracle.com/otn_software/linux/instantclient/19800/oracle-instantclient19.8-basic-19.8.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm

I am using the following URLs:

Related