I'm working on an embedded system with limited RAM. Also, the used toolchain currently supports C++17 at the most.
I have to convert UTC timestamps to local time stamps for displaying data to the user. The time zone that is supposed to be used is retrieved from another system. This all works excellently with Howard Hinnant's date and tz libraries.
In his excellent talk at CppCon 2016 Howard Hinnant mentions that the loaded DB roughly takes up 800 KB of memory. He also mentions that there is a way to load only part of the data and that it used to be documented somewhere.
As I do not need the ability to look back far into the past, that would be a great opportunity to save some RAM.
I cannot find the information on how to only partially load the database. Neither on github nor in any of the resources that are linked there or via Google.