Jekyll + Github Actions + JavaScript runtime issue

Viewed 157

I recently decided to start my website with Jekyll. Things seem straight forward but myself I am not too much of Gem proficient ;)

For convenience I am using the Jekyll GitHub action ( the official as well as few others I have found on Git ).

I keep getting on the same issue.

I have try to do follow instructions found on multiple sites as well as the recommendation on the error.

I have attached my Gemfile as well as the error

My git repo for this is https://github.com/stiliajohny/stiliajohny.github.io

The Github action runs on ubuntu-latest ( most of the one I tried do run on the same )

**EDIT: ** building it on my local works fine

source "https://rubygems.org"

gem "jekyll" , "3.8.7"
gem "bundler"
gem "dev-portfolio-blog"
gem "html-proofer"
gem "execjs"
️ Building website...
Configuration file: /github/workspace/repo/_config.yml
/usr/local/bundle/gems/execjs-2.7.0/lib/execjs/runtimes.rb:58:in `autodetect': Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See https://github.com/rails/execjs for a list of available runtimes. (ExecJS::RuntimeUnavailable)
jekyll 3.8.7 | Error:  Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See https://github.com/rails/execjs for a list of available runtimes.
    from /usr/local/bundle/gems/execjs-2.7.0/lib/execjs.rb:5:in `<module:ExecJS>'
1 Answers

Try adding gem "therubyracer" to the Gemfile. This embeds the V8 JavaScript interpreter into Ruby.

Related