How to add writable permission to google cloud app version?

Viewed 844

Do I have to try to set up a matomo project in the Google App Engine?

I am done with a successful app deploy in the Google cloud App engine and create a perfect App version. I am app deploy using the below command.

gcloud app deploy

After I run the app but it shows permission error in the matomo.

How can I change the file permissions of a workspace directory to allow write to it?

I have an attached error screenshot below.

Matomo error screenshot

1 Answers

You can't! It's serverless and you code run in a sandbox. Only the /tmp directory is writable and it's a in-memory directory. That means 2 things:

  • If you store too many things, your instance crashes
  • When your instance goes down (scale to 0, maintenance,...) all the data are lost.

To quick fix your issue, use the /tmp directory. And evaluate the impact to not persist these data, and the space that takes in memory.

Related