I am trying to identify keys word in user entry to search for, so I thought of filtering out some parts of speech in order to extract key words to query in my database . currently I use the code below to replace the word "of" from a string
let rawString = "I’m jealous of my parents. I’ll never have a kid as cool as theirs, one who is smart, has devilishly good looks, and knows all sorts of funny phrases."
var filtered = self.rawString.replacingOccurrences(of: "of", with: "")
what I want to do now is extend it to replace all preposition in a string.
What I was thinking of doing is creating a huge list of known prepositions like
let prepositions = ["in","through","after","under","beneath","before"......]
and then spliting the string by white space with
var WordList : [String] = filtered.components(separatedBy: " ")
and then looping through the wordlist to find a prepositional match and deleting it. Creating the list will be ugly and might not be efficient for my code.
What is the best way to detect and delete prepositions from a string?