I can't find documentation on this error, and when I do it doesn't really fix my issue.
We're sorry, your request to modify DB instance has failed. You cannot move DB instance to subnet group <NEW GROUP. The specified DB subnet group and DB instance are in the same VPC. Choose a DB subnet group in different VPC than the specified DB instance and try again.
I have 1 VPC and two subnet groups 1 of subnet A, B, and C which are identical defaults in different zones. subnet group 2 is D, E, and F which are identical in different zones.
Why am I getting an error about needing different VPC when the current subnet group is in the same VPC already?
Background: I recently changed default subnet settings to point A, B, and C to a NAT gateway and created D, E, and F which point to an IGW. I did this so my lambda on the same VPC can access the internet, now I can't connect to my DB any longer...
https://serverfault.com/questions/816820/aws-can-not-change-db-subnet-group-for-aws-rds doesn't explain this error, it only states you can't switch subnet groups, but this error suggests I can.