Firestore interface collapse fields by default (console.firebase.google)

Viewed 197

I'm using Google Firestore for a project and the "Cloud Firestore" interface for dealing with the database expands all document fields by default. This makes it tough to alter the data as I have a few large arrays in my sample data that cause me to have to collapse many fields before reaching the desired field.

Is there a way to set the data/fields to be collapsed by default? This is mainly a quality of life thing while I'm in MVP mode. For reference I've checked the documentation, reddit and stack overflow for an answer but haven't found a solution. I've also submitted this as a feature request just in case.

Edit for comment: To clarify, I am referring to the console.firebase.google UI for Firestore. See the attached image (random image from google) for reference.

enter image description here

1 Answers

It's not possible to change the behavior of the console in the way you're suggesting. The way in which you add the data makes no difference.

Related