I am currently working on an angular app using Rest API (Express, Nodejs) and Postgresql. Everything worked well when hosted on my local machine. After testing, I moved the images to Ubuntu server so the app can be hosted on an external port. I am able to access the angular frontend using the https://server-external-ip:80 but when trying to login, Nginx is not connecting to NodeApi. Here is my docker-compose file:
version: '3.0'
services:
db:
image: postgres:9.6-alpine
environment:
POSTGRES_DB: myDb
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: myPwd
ports:
- 5432:5432
restart: always
volumes:
- ./postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/data
networks:
- my-network
backend: # name of the second service
image: myId/mynodeapi
ports:
- 3000:3000
environment:
POSTGRES_DB: myDb
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: myPwd
POSTGRES_PORT: 5432
POSTGRES_HOST: db
depends_on:
- db
networks:
- my-network
command: bash -c "sleep 20 && node server.js"
myapp:
image: myId/myangularapp
ports:
- "80:80"
depends_on:
- backend
networks:
- my-network
networks:
my-network:
I am not sure what the apiUrl should be? I have tried the following and nothing worked:
- apiUrl: "http://backend:3000/api"
- apiUrl: "http://server-external-ip:3000/api"
- apiUrl: "http://server-internal-ip:3000/api"
- apiUrl: "http://localhost:3000/api"