Customize the vAxis values in a Google Sheets Line Graph

Viewed 154

I'm making a Sheet to be used by elementary students, to track some energy "usage" in their class, based on a date. To make it dead easy, I've created dropdowns for their choices (text).

In order to make a graph, I've changed the choices into numbers ("All"=3, "Some"=2, "None"=1, "N/A"=0) onto another tab (using Apps Script). This makes a nice graph, but the vertical axis of course shows the numbers. I'm hoping there is a way to swap them out for the text.

I've tried the 'ticks' option, but nothing changes:

var vAxisOptions = {
    0: {
      ticks: [{v:0, f:'N/A'}, {v:1, f:'None'}, {v:2, f:'Some'}, {v:3, f:'All'}, {v:4, f:''}],
      maxValue: 4,
      gridlines: {count: 5} //add an extra line of space to see the lines better
    }
  };

And then apply it by .setOption('vAxes', vAxisOptions).

I suspect this just isn't possible, but is it? Thanks!!

Example: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zOeXJy92LdCmhdLW6MmLA0JCNVk34kk50B3tQGACwlY/edit?usp=sharing

p.s. Click the "View Results" button to make the graph if you make data changes

1 Answers

There is this Google Issue tracker issue on this matter that it is being worked on.

You can go there and click on the star next to the title of the issue so you will get updates on the issue.

Related