n Azure Devops pull requests.Complete associated work items after merging disable

Viewed 3342

In Azure Devops I have a git repository with a develop branch. We create multiple feature branches from this branch and merge code into develop via pull requests. Once we complete the pull requests the work items got completed. its all closed from various states.

I want to prevent this from happening. I'd like to keep these feature branches. How can I do that?

1 Answers

Once we complete the pull requests the work items got completed. its all closed from various states.

The root cause of this issue is Complete associated work items after merging option. When you complete the Pull Request and this option is enabled, the related work items will close.

To solve this issue, you could disable this option.

enter image description here

You can also set it to be disabled by default.

You could navigate to Project Settings -> Repositories -> Select target Repo -> Options and disable Remember user preferences for completing work items with pull requests option.

enter image description here

Related