How to remove automatically created macOS app from App Store Connect

Viewed 3406

I have an iOS app. Recently, macOS app automatically appeared in App Store Connect.enter image description here

I do not plan to publish iOS app on macOS. How can I get rid of it? I opened "iOS Apps on Mac Availability" popup and marked my iOS app as "Don't make available", but this macOS 1.0 version is still here.

3 Answers

You can add another version under the iOS App part, then the remove icon will appear when your mouse hovers on the version you would like to remove.

enter image description here

I think there is a bug in App Store Connect as I added both macOS and tvOS versions to my app. After selecting General, App Information I can hover over either macOS or tvOS version and a red delete sign appears and if I delete one it then won't let me delete the second. I've added an image below showing the red delete button.


Mouse hovering over macOS version

mouse hovering over macOS version

Since Apple is going to start supporting all iOS apps natively on macOS (on silicon macs and others later), it's like removing the iPhone app from the iPad app store. It's not going to happen by default (or by checking the general settings checkmark). If you want to remove it, your app should really Can Not be running on the mac. For example, depending on Core Telephony will make it disappear from all stores except the iPhone store since the only device which has it is the iPhone.

Related