I have a view from a query select * from table which returns the below data
I want to group by the name column which have same name and merge the JSONArray column like mentioned below
I have a view from a query select * from table which returns the below data
I want to group by the name column which have same name and merge the JSONArray column like mentioned below
One way to do this, is to unnest the arrays and then aggregate them back:
select t.id, t.name, jsonb_agg(a.e)
from the_table t
cross join lateral jsonb_array_elements(t.json_array) as a(e)
group by t.id, t.name;
If you do that a lot, a custom aggregate makes this a bit easier to user (but probably not faster)
create function jsonb_array_combine(p_one jsonb, p_two jsonb)
returns jsonb
as
$$
select jsonb_agg(e)
from (
select e
from jsonb_array_elements(p_one) as o(e)
union all
select e
from jsonb_array_elements(p_two) as t(e)
) t
$$
language sql
immutable;
create aggregate jsonb_array_agg(jsonb)
(
SFUNC = jsonb_array_combine(jsonb, jsonb),
STYPE = jsonb
);
Then you can use it like this:
select t.id, t.name, jsonb_array_agg(t.json_array)
from the_table t
group by t.id, t.name;