Virtualbox start up failed after the macOS upgraded to Big Sur

Viewed 7713

As mentioned in the title, the question is:

Is there any way I'm able to use the Virtualbox in the macOS Big Sur?

Here are some details:

macOS: Big Sur 11.0 Beta (20A5343i)

Virtualbox version: 6.1.12 r139181 (Qt5.6.3)

After upgrade, when I launch the machine, it pop out the dialog saying:

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)

Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.

where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT. 

What I have done:

  1. Update the xcode to 12 beta, and the latest commandline tool (Just blindly updated)
  2. Update the vagrant to the 2.2.9 (Not relevant, I think)
  3. Found a lot of related threads by google, which happened since 2014, none worked in my case.
  4. Reinstalled everything.
  5. [VBoxManage hostonly create] gave me error.

(To the moderators, this is not a general software problem, as the Virtualbox is widely use by the vagrant which is quite popular in the local dev setting)

0 Answers
Related