"Minimum supported Gradle version is 6.1.1. Current version is 5.4.1." but gradle-wrapper.properties has 6.1.1

Viewed 7003

Syncing gradle gives me this error:

Minimum supported Gradle version is 6.1.1. Current version is 5.4.1.

Please fix the project's Gradle settings.
Fix Gradle wrapper and re-import project
Open Gradle wrapper properties
Gradle settings

The Fix Gradle wrapper and re-import project option does nothing.

Here is my gradle.wrapper.properties file:

#Wed Aug 19 16:26:03 IST 2020
distributionBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
distributionPath=wrapper/dists
zipStoreBase=GRADLE_USER_HOME
zipStorePath=wrapper/dists
distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.1.1-all.zip

It has the right version yet I get Minimum supported Gradle version is 6.1.1. Current version is 5.4.1.

I'm on Mac OS 10.15.5 and Android Studio 4.0.1.

3 Answers

This image helps, in https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/gradle-plugin

iii


eg:

distributionUrl=https\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-4.1.2-bin.zip

in gradle-wrapper.properties

maps

classpath "com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.4.1"

in build.gradle


you need to make the relationship correct.

Update your gradle with:

gradle wrapper --gradle-version 6.6

I have trouble this same. This also not work for me

Here's how I fixed it

  1. Download desired gradle release from Gradle official Create
  2. New folder (Gradle) under C:\Gradle. Extract downloaded release here
  3. Goto file->setting->Build, Execution, Deployment->Gradle
  4. Use Gradle From Specified Location instead gradle.wrapper
  5. Android Studio will auto-detect the path; if not choose manually
  6. Sync project with Gradle file
Related